Monday, October 8, 2012

Day Eight: Found in a Miracle (and on a Monday no less)

A few weeks ago, well, Sept 15th to be exact, I had the privilege of attending Beth Moore's Living Proof Live Simulcast. The day's teaching was based on the account of the widow and the Shunammite woman in 2 Kings 4.

God spoke in a powerful way through His Word that day. I could likely write 31 days of posts on the notes I took from those 6 hours.

But on this Monday I want to talk about miracles.

Both the widow (poor, desperate, had nothing) and the Shunammite woman (rich, blessed, thought she needed nothing) experienced miracles. Like shock your socks off miracles. Even as I write that, I'm wondering why I feel the need to describe the magnitude of the miracles.

Isn't the very definition of a miracle just that?
  • something extraordinary
  • something that surpasses all known human or natural powers 
  • something ascribed to a supernatural cause
Thank you dictionary.com

Maybe I feel the need to qualify it because miracle is one of those words we use too often for things that are not truly miraculous. I know I have used it flippantly and out of context.

Not today though...

Looking over my notes from Beth Moore's simulcast here are some thoughts on miracles (and I'm about 98.7% sure that I wrote her words down verbatim):
  • regarding the widow:
    • personal desperation can jar us out of secondhand stories
    • our individual lives were meant to be absolute miracles...
    • so get your own story on this page
  • regarding the Shunammite woman:
    • Fear is the crippler of a walking-talking miracle
    • He wants to work the miracle of you...
    • So tell your story

It's about time I started telling my story. 

I am a miracle 
because I AM lives and breathes in me

So I'll ask you the same question Beth Moore asked her audience across the world that day...

Are you ready for Him to do in and through you what cannot be humanly explained? 


I am







No comments:

Post a Comment