Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day Seven: Found in Music

I've been riding around with my dear friends exploring the woods and waterfalls of northwest Georgia today. We've listened to some songs that I've been missing. God is everywhere we turn if we listen with His Spirit.

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas has always touched a deep part of me. I realize now it is because of the larger message of the movie... "Keep moving forward." At the end of the movie when Lewis has the opportunity to see his birth mother he decides not to. Instead he plays the hand he was already dealt. Or in the way I've been seeing things lately...

he continues to walk it out.


Recently someone gave me a verse to look up that seemed fitting for me now - oh my... was it ever fitting. Little Wonders seemed to fit with the message of the verse well. 

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:  18-19 (NIV)

One thing defines me. One Person rather. In Him I live and move and have my being. He is working all things for my good and there is not one bit of my life that has been wasted.

Let's keep moving forward shall we?

Happy Sunday. 



Then another person spoke about 

1 comment:

  1. Music is so powerful! Have you heard this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVLkmLL6DY&feature=related? Hope it speaks to you in the same way that it does to me :)

    ReplyDelete